Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I've Been Chosen!"


There were two exciting moments this week! First, we had a mission conference down in New Orleans with Elder Bednar! It was so awesome. He didn't give a talk, more of a discussion with us. So, missionaries were able to stand up and literally talk with an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ! It was awesome! I actually stood up and said something about what I learned and he said, "Thanks, Elder, that's a great insight." I nearly fainted. Hah! But, it was awesome. We talked about how we need to act with faith. The spirit was so strong there and I am so grateful to be able to witness the in person testimony of an Apostle! The last hour was a really neat experience. He actually opened it up to questions. he said that this will probably be the only time in our lives that we will be able to ask an apostle of the Savior any questions we wanted to, so don't ask stupid questions! Haha! It was cool!! We learned how the new prophet is chosen and then set apart. And also what the daily life of an apostle entails. So, we learned a lot.

The other cool moment this week is that on Saturday we are having two baptisms! And guess who they both chose to baptize them...ME! So, that's why I said, I've been chosen!" I'm kinda scared, but extremely excited. I'll be sure to send pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment