Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I got to baptize Beverly!

"This week was a good week! We had a baptism and some solid lessons! Beverly got baptized Saturday. It was quite the process. Her boyfriend has cancer and so she was down in Alexandria all week. She needed to be interviewed by our Zone Leaders before she got baptized on Saturday. Luckily, our Zone Leaders like in Alex and were able to go to the hospital and interview her down in the waiting room. Not the normal interview setting, but it happened! So, she was baptized on Saturday and I was the one that was blessed enough to baptize her! She was deathly afraid of water, so after a few minutes of talking her down, I was able to help her down into the water. She was scared, but she knew what she had to do and therefore she wanted to do it! I was extremely nervous as well! But, I said who knows how many silent prayers that everything would go smoothly and I would only have to perform it once. It was such an amazing experience! I have really grown to love Beverly--mainly because she is the fruits of our labors, meaning that Elder Davidson and I contacted her, taught her, I baptized her and yesterday, Elder Davidson confirmed her a member of the church and she received the Holy Ghost. Being able to see the change in her from beginning to end is such a blessing. I'm so thankful to be able to be an instrument in the Lord's hand and be a part of something so significant and life-changing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment