Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Success!

"We met with Kelly's boyfriend again and taught him the Plan of Salvation. He really enjoyed it and said that it made a lot of sense. He said that he wanted to be baptized on Feb. 14! He was so prepared. I feel like the Lord has prepared this area so much!

We went over to Larry's for dinner on Friday and they made Jambalaya! It was so good! I love that stuff. Then we had a lesson with his whole family. It was a big crowd with lots of pressure;). But, we had an awesome and super spiritual lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We then committed Larry's son-in-law for the 10th of March! He works offshore, so that's the soonest he could be baptized!

On a side note...I was talking to some of the other Elders and I asked them if Elder Davidson and I had been double transferred into Many because it was one those area that "sucked" (no work getting done, Elders not wanting to got there, etc.) And they said, "yes!" They said that no one wanted to go to Many because it's a small, dumpy town, far away from anything and there hadn't been success there for a long time! So, I guess President Wall thought putting Elder Davidson (an experienced, diligent, ex-zone-leader) and me (new, excited, not knowing any better than wanting to baptize everyone) here, there would be success. And so far, we have seen nothing but that!

I'm so thankful to be out serving the Lord, as much fun and excitement thatI have been hearing about back home, I wouldn't want to be doing anything else! I love and miss y'all so much! Stay safe, have fun and enjoy life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment