Sunday, November 3, 2013

Time is What We Want Most, but What We Use Worst


This was a really long, busy week. It was transfers and we were all over the place. Tuesday we picked up the new missionaries. As always they are so excited, yet nervous like a puppy. Wednesday is transfer day and then my favorite part of the week, is being able to go to the temple and have a testimony meeting with all of the missionaries going home. There is always such a strong spirit in those meetings. You can just feel the love and the appreciation that everyone has for this great work. Thursday we took them to the airport, then later that afternoon we went down to New Orleans to go on an exchange with the Spanish ZL's. That was really fun. I got to pass out a Book of Mormon in spanish. But, when I was bearing my testimony in spanish I said that Jesus is the "Savior of God."  I mixed up that and saying that Joseph smith was a prophet of God. The Elder I was with just laughed. Hey, I tried. Then on Friday and Saturday we did an exchange with the Baton Rouge ZL's. So we had a super busy week. And I'm starting to get really tired, and weak. So please pray for me, Heaven knows I need it. 

But I had a cool experience this week. We went to visit this family that we randomly helped bring in groceries one time and they told us to come back.  Well, they let us in on Sunday and we had some good conversation. The subject came up of how to live a good Christian life. And the lady talked about how there is so much more expected out of us who claim to be Christian--just that we should be living a certain way because we know Jesus. And that got me thinking about how each of us are held accountable to our understanding, but then also we can't be saved in ignorance. So what I gather from that is that part of our job here on earth is to gain a deeper understanding of the Gospel, which should then cause us to live a more Christlike life. Does that make sense? I might just be desperate here, but it makes sense to me. The more understanding we have, the more responsibility is given to us. But we won't have the excuse of "Oh, I didn't know I needed to do that." God expects our best. But our best can always get better. That's something I've learned on my mission, and something that motivates me to continue to improve and become better. 

I definitely feel my testimony growing each day. I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to the person I want to be before I go home. I'm still not quite there yet, but I'm working really hard for it. I dont' feel like I'm 100% converted yet, and I don't think I will for a long time. My definition of converted is set as a high bar to reach. That way I always have something to work towards instead of being content at a certain stage of life or conversion. So I know I am on the path and I feel like I'm a good way down the path, and I have absolutely no plans of leaving that path. I love the Savior and the Gospel too much. That's what my mission has taught me. And I am eternally grateful for it. 

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. It means a lot. I can't believe I will be 21 this week. I still feel like I'm 18. But I look forward to what my 21st year will bring. I love and miss yall so much. Thank you for your continued support and prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment