Sunday, November 3, 2013

If You Want to Conquer Fear, Go Out and Get Busy

I'm starting to be more at peace with the fact of me being here in the office to end my mission. I've realized that someone has to do this in our mission, and the Lord knows that I need these experiences to humble me and help me see how to help others when they are in need. He is preparing me for things later in my life.  I still need to be more patient and understanding and loving. But I feel I've come a ways from where I was. 

So it's pretty official that I'm extending 2 weeks... I think President really needs me for those 2 weeks. We talked last night about possible missionaries that I will help train as Assistants, and he said he has no idea. he said up until now, he had a perfect succession of Assistants, but now he has no idea. So I know that he will really need my help with helping these new missionaries. I hope all of you realize that me extending doesn't mean that I dont want to come home. You have no idea how much I miss y'all and want to see you as soon as possible. But I know what I need to do, and if that means having to sacrifice 2 weeks of not seeing y'all, then I will do it. I know missionary work is the work of salvation, and that "No man, having put his hand to the plough and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Sometimes we are asked to do things that we know are going to be hard, but we know it's the right thing. The best thing we can do, is give it our all, attitude is everything.  And if I spend those last 2 weeks homesick and not focused on my purpose then it will be a waste. I intend to give it my all until  I have nothing left to give. 


No comments:

Post a Comment