Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Working with the Bishop...

This week has been good. I ran out of money on my monthly card, I burned the Jambalaya, and I broke my yo-yo, but on Thursday we had a sweet Zone Conference down in Baton Rouge! Elder Clarke from the First Quorum of the Seventy came and spoke to us. We learned a lot about how to work with members and how to keep recent converts active after baptism. I loved it and I feel like I cam out a better missionary because of it!

On Saturday, we had a pretty sweet day...We went down to Robeline, where the Bishop lives. We went to go see some people that the Bishop has been wanting to give Books of Mormon to. It was great to be out with the bishop and have him give us all those referrals. He was on fire! We went into a gas station and he saw someone he knew from like 10 years ago and he said, "Elder, go get me another Book of Mormon." It was sweet to see him get so pumped about missionary work. I know that this will lead to several baptisms in the future.

We have been working a lot with Larry Austin's kinfolks (relatives). We are actually teaching his two grandsons and they came to church yesterday! I think they will probably get baptized in March.

I'm so thankful to be out here in Louisiana. I have realized out here how truly blessed we are out in Arizona. I've seen things here that I never thought were going on in the United States. It is sad and it breaks my heart. I only hope and pray that I can help. Pray for me. I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment