Friday, February 22, 2013

This week I went on 3 exchanges! Normally we only have 1 a week.


But since this transfer is shorter, we only had 4 of the 5 weeks to do
exchanges and the assistants called and wanted to do an exchange
this weekend as well. So over all, we have 8 exchanges to do in 4 weeks!
It’s crazy. At the beginning of this week we went to Convington to go
on exchanges with the district leader and then the other set of
missionaries in Mandeville, who are in the process of training and
being trained. I had a lot of fun and got to get to know a lot of the missionaries
better. On Tuesday I got to play basketball there and was able to beat
up on all these high school kids. Little did I know but 12 of them were
not members. Convington is this super rich, nice area and is
probably one of the nicest areas in our mission. I saw Tim McGraw's
mansion on the water. It was pretty sweet. Then this weekend I went



on an exchange with one of the assistants, Elder Carter. He is a cool kid and 
I was able to learn a lot.
For those of you who don't know what an exchange is. It's.... When my
companion and I go to another missionary's area and I go with one of
them and Elder Bennett goes with the other. We get to talk, teach and
get to know them. It's a great way to learn new things from different
missionaries and sometimes it's to get a companionship who is not
getting a long away from each other. 
This week we were able to have a lesson with this one family who I
will probably be talking a lot about... the Costas. They have tons of
part members in their family, so we hope to be working with them a
lot. But we were able to use that story that momma sent me about the
guy playing the violin in the DC subway station,and how he was played
Bach and stuff but no one really noticed him... that one. Well we read
it and they loved it. Then I asked who can the people in the story
represent. And we came up with that the guy is Christ and the precious
music is the Atonement. The people passing by is us. Some of us just
walk right on by without even noticing what Christ is constantly doing
for us, and some just stop for a second, throw a few coins and then
keep on going. I loved how only the children wanted to stop and
listen, but then the parents want them to keep going. We all know how
much Christ loves little children and how so much more spiritual they


are then the rest of us. The spririt was super strong and I know that
they all felt it. It was awesome. 




No comments:

Post a Comment