Thursday, March 21, 2013

This week was a sweet week. Really busy, but sweet.
 
To start off I'll update you on Gwen! So on both Monday and Tuesday we had lessons with her in members' homes! Which is how missionary work should be and is most effective. The Members here are so awesome and helpful, they genuinely care about her and want to be her friend. She even mentioned how in other churches people act like that but that during the week they ignore her and dont act that way. But being with us members are inviting her and her kids to activities and texting her through out the week asking her how she is doing and stuff like that. So they are making it really easy on us! But a cool story about us and Gwen this week... So Saturday Elder Jensen and I were super tired, so for our dinner break we decided to take a nap. We were both knocked out when Gwen knocked on our door! I was asleep in the Bedroom, but Elder Jensen woke up all confused and not knowing what was going on, so he answered the door all funny. Which made Gwen laugh, but then she gave us some chocolate Jesus fishes and asked if we wanted to read with her from the Book of Mormon! Wow, an investigator, coming to our door, to give us a a present and to ask if we wanted to read with her??? Pinch me I'm dreaming! Hah... literally, So E Jensen came in and woke me up and I was all super confused too, but finally we wiped the sleep out of our eyes and read with her. She is doing so great, she even got an answer for what day she wanted to be baptized! April 13! Gwen's daughter (who is 9) asked her this last week when she can get baptized. So we will start teaching her daughter here soon. Blessings upon blessings. The Lord is good to us, even when sometimes we don't deserve it. 
 
Something cool that I started doing this week is trying to apply what we learned from Elder Packer when he came and visited us a couple of months ago. He taught us that the path to conversion is Hear, Remember, Understand, Act, Become. I have just recently finished the Book of Mormon, and so I decided that I would take a plain paper back BoM and read it all the way through, highlighting each time someone, Hears, remembers, understands, acts or becomes. That way I can see the conversion and none conversions of the people in the Book of Mormon. It's been really cool so far. The first big instance is in 1 Nephi 4. Mainly 10-19. He listens to the spirit, remembers what the Lord has said, then he understands why he needs to kill Laban, and then he does it. He learned a lot from that experience and was able to grow. I thought it was so neat that all the parts of becoming converted were in that one experience. Of course, the becoming converted will come later, but that was just one step towards it.
 
Before I forget, Congrats Olivia for winning the National Championship. That is 10 times cooler than anything I've ever done or any award I've ever gotten. I'm proud of you for sticking it out and not giving up! I love you lots!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment