Friday, September 13, 2013

"God's Work Done God's Way Will Never Lack God's Help."


This week felt really long for some reason. But, it was definitely a good week. We had our weekly FHE with Micheal and Monica. It was pretty fun, Micheal made this really good chicken and sausage gumbo and then we talked about family history work, and then Micheal made this really cool trivia game using the bible and the Book of Mormon.  I've really grown to love Micheal and Monica. They are the best. 

I can't remember if I told you or not, but I will be staying in the office until I go home. Not how I wanted to end my mission, but it's what the Lord wants and so I will give it my all until the end. But with that being the case, my comp Elder Hauata was suppose to go home the end of this transfer, but he is from Tahiti and his visa doesnt expire until November, so president extended him 30 days. Which means he will go home 2 weeks before I do. The plan right now is that I will get a new comp when Elder Hauata goes home and then 2 weeks later I leave and the new assistant has to know everything he needs to know.  With it being that way, President is taking some of the duties that we have and are letting the senior couple in the office handle them. One less thing to train the new assistant about. That also allows us to do "normal" missionary work more! Which makes me really happy because there is nothing better than a long hard day of being a missionary. We were able to go on splits with the PEC this week, which was great because I went with our new ward mission leader and we went and saw a less active family that we haven't been able to see in forever. It was a miracle. That's what happens when the ward and the missionaries work together! The new WML and I get  along really well, so hopefully we can start having more success here with the relationship being strengthened.

We finished specialized training this week. We ended with New Orleans, for some reason both the New Orleans zones were not very prepared or planned out. I guess you can learn from the mistakes made as well. But it was a great learning experience all around. We have MLC this week and so we will be following up on that. 

I can't believe that I only have 8 weeks left. They will fly by, and that scares the living daylights out of me. I have truly loved every second of my mission. I will be eternally grateful for the experiences that I have had and the love and kindness the people of Louisiana and the Lord has given me these last two years. I will save my really sappy go home email for when I actually go home. But, I just want everyone to know that I know that the Savior lives and that he his mindful of us and knows what will make us better. The testimonies born yesterday in sacrament meeting were so great. I felt like each of them knew what I was struggling with and they bore sweet powerful testimonies that gave me hope and peace. The spirit is great, it will always teach us something if we are listening, but the thing is, we have to be listening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment