Friday, September 13, 2013

Zone Community Service Projects


This week was super sweet. We are doing specialized training. It's kind of like zone conference, but President has a lot more freedom to do whatever type of training he wants. So he decided that we were going to have a day of service for all of the zones. This week we went to two different zones and did these big service projects. They were sweet. One was painting trailers and building decks. The other one was Elder Bawden's zone, and we did yard work in this old overgrown cemetary. It was crazy, in some places the grass was chest high and then there was this bamboo looking stuff that was probably 10 to 15 feet high. I have pictures. It was a great way to get out into the community and serve them and just promote unity there and in the zone. Service is a big part of our mission and we just wanted to have an example of how it should be done. 

A cool experience that I've had recently is that I've been able to go to the temple a lot more since being in Baton Rouge ( I heard they have a new video, can't wait to see it!) But I've started doing something different as I pray in the Celestial room.  As I ponder and pray, I thank Heavenly Father for the opportunity I had to do an act of service for the person I was going through for. I also ask Heavenly Father to please tell whose ever work I'm doing, thank you for letting me serve them and that I hope they except it. I know that doesn't sound very powerful, but every time I do that the Spirit just hits me like a ton of bricks. And I know at that moment that they are there, and they are thankful for their work being done and that they have excepted it. 

Well family, thank you for all the love and support. I can feel it all the time. I know that the Lord is blessing y'all.

Love and miss yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment