Friday, September 13, 2013

The Best Way to Find Yourself is to Lose Yourself in the Service of Others


Another good week here in South Louisiana! Elder Parker went home this week. I am glad I had the pleasure of serving with him. I learned a lot from him and I'm grateful for his friendship. Elder Hauata and I are now getting settled into the swing of things. We had more Specialized Training this week, we are still doing the days of service with each zone. One zone we helped out this humanitarian project, by helping finish a home, and then we did highway pick up in one of the cities. So that was really fun. Then on Thursday and Friday, we were here in Baton Rouge and we scraped down and painted some parking rails at an astronomy observatory, it was really fun, but man that paint was hard to get off. I really learn a lot from doing service and I feel like the rest of the missionaries feel the same way. I just love serving! 

We also got to go to the temple this week with our ward. The new film was so sweet! I love the temple, it helps me out so much. Something that I learned this time is about how God has created everything, and he expects everything to grow, progress and contribute to His great plan. I love how they say, that so everything will fill the measure of their creation.  We all have this great potential, but it's up to us to seek what our potential is and how we can meet it. We aren't left alone, we have the spirit here to help us and reveal to us our part in this great plan of happiness. It really hit me hard this week, that maybe the things I have to go through are part of something bigger than myself and I have to endure it so I can take a step closer to filling the measure of my creation. Gosh, isnt the gospel so cool?




No comments:

Post a Comment