Monday, December 31, 2012

Both elder Silva and I are staying! At the end of this transfer I will 
have been in Morgan City for 9 months! I might as well buy a house and 
get my records moved here! But, I'm actually glad to be staying. I 
have some unfinished business to take care of before I leave. Things 
are actually starting to pick up! We are trying a bunch of new things. 
They seem to be working and we are finding some really
awesome people.
 
We have been working really hard on "filling people's needs." We first
need to help people with whatever it is that they need before we just
throw all this Jesus stuff in their face. Cause if there is something
that is bothering them or something that's giving them stress, then
they won't want to hear what we have to say. 
For example, Saturday was our filling needs day. We played
basketball with all the neighborhood kids. Then we went and
helped this widow build a fence for her dog. Then we helped Alex with
his trailer and we went fishing with them afterwards! Filling needs :)
Because of helping people get over their concerns or problems, it has
opened new doors. So those  miracles that I mentioned last week are 
starting to happen. I can see the hand of the Lord in everything we do.

 
Lately I've been hearing a lot of people saying how they have lost a
loved one or someone they knew. It's a sad and dreary time when a life
is lost. Sometimes we don't understand why someone we love that is a
good person has to die when there are tons of really bad people
running around. I read Alma 14:10-11 and it gave me some comfort. 
I encourage y'all to read it. But I know that our loved ones are in 
a better place, a place of happiness and a place of rest from all pains 
and sorrows. We will see them again. I can promise y'all that. I can 
promise you that because the Savior lives and he suffered so we can see 
our loved ones again and live with them forever.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment