Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Congrats, Caroline on getting your mission call! I'm so excited for you. I'm sad that we won't get to see each other before I get home, but I know that the Lord will take care of you!
 
Friday night we went to the temple to do baptisms with the youth and Gwen got to go! It was crazy because she had to drop off two of her kids in Baton Rouge somewhere and then she got lost, so she ended up being a few minutes late to the session, but the temple workers were super nice and waited for her. But it was a sweet experience for her as well for us. The spirit was strong and you could tell that she felt a different kind of spirit than she had felt before. She loved it. It was funny to watch her get baptized 10 times cause she is 6 feet tall and that font isn't all that big.
 
Also this week we started teaching a less active member's daughters. I think I mentioned them last week. So we taught them this week and just did a simple intro to the Book of Mormon. We tried to use pictures and stuff to teach them because they are only 11 and 15. But it felt like torture, because of how boring it was. There was no participation on their part.  But what was cool is we invited them to read the first chapter of 1 Nephi and by the time we walked out the door Dianna, the 11 y.o, already started to read and was almost done with the chapter by the time we drove off. She seems to be one of those people that are sensative to the spirit, reminds me a lot of Gwen. 
 
On Saturday we went to the LSU spring game with an excommunicated member! He is an awesome guy, he just has made some mistakes. The game was super fun. We were driving through LSU campus when Johnathon, the guy that took us, pointed and said, "Hey there is Les Miles." ( head coach for LSU) in this nonchalaunt voice. I was like "Yeah, right, whatever." but then as we got closer I saw that it was Les Miles!!! I froze! I didn't know what to do, he walked literally 2 feet away from our car. Before I knew it, he jumped into his escalade and drove off. I was so mad that we didn't jump out of our car and get a picture with him! I don't know what we were thinking.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment