Tuesday, May 7, 2013

We had another busy week full of teaching, going to a wedding, sports, and sadly, a lot of babysitting some missionaries. Some missionaries just don't know act right! So that was a bit frustrating, but overall it was a great week. 
 
I have a talk yesterday in church.  It's the first time I have spoken in Albany. I slipped under the radar for too long I guess. I spoke on Agency--mostly about how we can use our agency to choose whether we want to be offended or not by what someone says or if someone judges us. Someone might make the most disrespectful comment towards us, but we still have the choice to how we will react. We can't control what other people say or do, but we can control what we do in response to their actions. I learned a lot from preparing that talk, because I think that I was the one that needed it the most. 
 
I've really grown to love Albany. The people here are just so awesome. I've made some really good lifelong friends here that I hope to always stay in contact with. We are working a lot with a lot of less active and even some excommunicated members. One is about to be re-baptized here hopefully pretty soon. So that will be a sweet experience, I look forward to that. 
 
Oh and some exciting news, remember way back in Morgan City when Elder Silva and I were teaching that girl named Gabby? Well the missionary serving there called me the other day and said she was baptized last week! I was soo shocked! Because she had dropped us 3 days before she was going to be baptized. But, I guess the sisters there started working with her. So that was the best part of my week, I just hope she can stay strong!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment