Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Food Poisoning, Ya'll!


This letter is just for ya'll! Yes I've said ya'll a few times just cause you feel like an idiot if you don't say that. I've gotten quite a few compliments on how well i say it! Well, I'm in Many! It's pronounced Manny. Like Manny Rameirez.
My companion is Elder Davidson. He is a good guy. He got to serve on the LSU campus for 7 months! I was so jealous, he said he loved it. I hope I can serve there someday. He is from Sacrmento, California and has been out for about 16 months. He just got released as zone leader to train me. I really like him so far and see a lot of potential in teaching with him. The first few days here in Many we both were pretty sick. I still had my cold and then I think we both got food poisoning. I think it was something we ate at Thanksgiving.
We ate Thanksgiving dinner over at the Relief Society President's house, she is a member and he is not. But, he goes to church every Sunday, pays tithing and is a more active member than half the members in the world! We also went and saw Sis. Leone! She really likes us and has done so much for us! We also went and saw the Ward Mission leader and then the bishop! All the members here are really nice and supportive.

This is my cool story for the week! Elder Davidson threw up all night on Thursday, so in the middle of the night at like 3 am he woke me up and asked if i could give him a blessing! I had never given a blessing before let alone in the middle of the night. So, I rolled out of bed and flipped through our handbook to where it states how to give a blessing. I quickly memorized it and gave him a blessing. I'm sure the Lord has a sense of humor because I can just picture him seeing these two missionaries sitting in the living room at 3 in the morning, one brand new one, giving a blessing in their pajamas. It must have been a funny sight! I'm sure he had compassion on us! So that was really cool, I gave my first blessing!
On Friday I started throwing up too, so we called it quits early and then we were both in bed all day Saturday. So, we haven't gotten a chance to teach at all. We are planning a lot and hope to teach a lot this next week. Our goal for this area is to get a lot of the less active memebers to come back because there are a lot!
Sunday was a good day, it was so nice to go and take the sacrament. The ward isn't very big, only about 65 to 80 show up. But i guess thats pretty big for Louisiana!"

No comments:

Post a Comment